Location: Marybank, Stornoway
Salary: £19,110 plus overtime available at enhanced rate
Hours: Guaranteed 35 core hours per week exclusive of unpaid breaks
May be required to work up to 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the business
- New Hourly Rate: £10 rising to £10.50 after probation
- Guaranteed 35 Hours
- Premium Overtime Rates
If you are an ambitious and motivated person looking for your next challenge in an exciting workplace, now is the perfect time to take your next step with The Scottish Salmon Company.
Due to significant investment in the company, we are looking to recruit Processing Operatives to assist in the required day-to-day operations within the Processing Department to meet the needs of the business.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Salmon Preparation - Cleaning, preparing and inspecting our finest Scottish Salmon to meet customer
- Production - Supporting production whilst performing efficiently and at the required pace.
- Quality – Ensuring best practice for the production process, carrying out basic testing and quality checks.
- Finished Product - Ensuring the final product meets company standards, labelling and packaging product ready for shipment.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Positive and hardworking
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to follow policies & procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Basic/Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate – training available
In addition to a competitive salary with regular reviews, we offer many other benefits including:
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
- Relocation support available & keyworker agreement with Hebridean Housing Partnership
- Part of the Bakkafrost Group
- 600+ UK employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
How to Apply:
You can also check out our current vacancies on our website www.scottishsalmon.com