|POSITION/JOB TITLE||SEA OPERATIVE (HM)|
|STARTING RATE||£12.00 per hour|
|LOCATION||Earshader, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides|
|WORKING HOURS||Full time, based on 40 hours per week|
|SHIFT PATTERN||Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm|
|OTHER INFO||Driving licence and your own transport are essential; car share available|
We require a highly reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our HEBRIDEAN MUSSELS TEAM, assisting with the farming and processing of shellfish at our EARSHADER site, located on the ISLE OF LEWIS, OUTER HEBRIDES.
The ideal person will be able to work well within a small team. Previous aquaculture experience, with transferrable related skills and qualifications preferable. Further development through in-house and external training providers will be provided.
Day-to-day duties will vary and include:
- Harvesting, husbandry, processing, grading and packing of shellfish.
- Operation of equipment for the husbandry and processing of shellfish.
- Assisting with the day to day operation of the Mussel Processing and Despatch Centre.
- Boat handling.
- Powerboat Level 2 Commercially Endorsed or equivalent qualification would be advantageous.
- Telescopic forklift truck, first aid and food hygiene certification would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Due to the location of the site, driving licence and your own transport are essential for this role. Car share from Stornoway is available.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2021.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK.
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro-rata)
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Staff discount
PREVIOUS UNSUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Please submit your current CV on-line or contact our HR Team for an Application Form at:
Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd, Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL
Tel: 01499 600462
For more information about working for Loch Fyne Oysters, please visit our website.