Opportunity for Graduate Placement at Comunn Eachdraidh Nis (CEN)
Job Title: Sustainable Development Coordinator
CEN is offering an exciting opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to support their net zero ambitions through the development of carbon reduction initiatives. You will work with the CEN team to ensure the café runs efficiently and cost-effectively and that customers enjoy a pleasing dining experience at all times.
The focus will be on quality, traceability, and social responsibility. You will promote the organisation’s carbon reduction initiatives on-site, through the website, social media channels and on menu cards. We expect you to inspire others to practise sustainability and to maintain consistent high-quality customer service standards.
You will be flexible and adaptable, with strong communication skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- HND or above in Business Administration or Tourism & Hospitality Management. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
- Work experience in sustainable tourism and hospitality or a similar role.
- A passion for environmental sustainability.
- Financial management skills.
- You must be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (training can be provided if required).
- Knowledge of the Gaelic language.
Placement Start Date: November 2021
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Duration: 12 months
For a full job description please contact Anne MacLeod by e-mail at:
N.B. To be eligible to apply for this placement you must have graduated within the last 4 years.
Closing date: 30 September 2021
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise.