Children and Families Practitioner (4248)
Stornoway, Isle of Lewis (Occasional travel to the Western Isles)
Circa £21847 per annum pro rata plus £1700 Islands allowance
Part-Time Fixed Term 3 years 30 hours per week
Closing Date: 21 October 2020
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
We are looking for a children's and families practitioner to work in collaboration with our service coordinator to start up and establish our brand new PIMH (Perinatal Infant Mental Health) service. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage with families and make a real difference in the community.
You will be initially helping in the recruitment and training of volunteers for the service, supporting families with mental health needs and creating individualised packages of support. Ongoing support will then be provided for families as required. There will be keyworker responsibilities
You will also be involved in the monthly Smathsinn group which offers activities for children and young people with additional support needs. This is held on a Saturday.
You will make a difference by:
- Effectively assessing the needs of families and responding to them.
- Working collaboratively with families to achieve positive outcomes.
- Listening to children, young people and families.
- Working in an integrated way as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
You will need:
- SVQ 3 in social care in a relevant area.
- Experience of working with vulnerable families and the issues and barriers they face.
- Knowledge and awareness of methods of assessment and intervention.
- An Understanding of safeguarding.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through presentations.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience of developing multidisciplinary support plans.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website
- We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
- Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.