Volunteer Centre Western Isles
Development Worker (Harris)
Part time: 17.5hrs
Salary: £21,282.34 pro rata
Closing Date: Monday 2nd November
Interview date: Week commencing 23rd November
We invite applications for a Development Worker (Harris) to join our team. The post will involve working with schools, community groups, charities and individuals to promote, encourage and support volunteering.
The Development Worker (Harris) will:
- Develop and promote volunteering;
- Encourage people to volunteer;
- Facilitate volunteer award schemes, including the national youth Saltire Awards;
- Actively recruit volunteers for local organisations and groups;
- Create new opportunities for people to volunteer, in response to local community need;
- Work with organisations and groups to ensure their volunteers have a good experience;
- Promote good practice and training and provide ongoing support to volunteer involving organisations;
- Maintain an accurate database of volunteering opportunities and voluntary groups in the area
Volunteer Centre Western Isles is an independent local charity with offices in Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra. Based in our Tarbert office, you will work as part of our team of Development Workers to provide information, advice and support to individuals interested in volunteering, volunteer managers, voluntary groups, clubs and organisations, private and public sector organisations and companies.
We aim to actively encourage, support and promote volunteering and are committed to providing a quality service and pursuing excellence in all that we do. We are partners in the Third Sector Interface (TSI) Western Isles, which is funded by Scottish Government as part of a Scotland wide network.
For further information or to request an application form and further information:
Visit our website: www.volunteercentrewi.org
Phone: Suzanne Macaulay, Manager on 07883 009217.