We are recruiting…
The aims of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) are to make sure that no one in The Western Isles suffers through a lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities, or of the services available to them, or through an inability to express their needs effectively.
The need and complexity of our services increases every year and we continually adapt to meet these new challenges.
Do you want to join our great team and make a difference?
We are have a number of advisory posts available in our Uist (Balivanich) and Lewis (Stornoway) bureaux but if you live elsewhere on the Islands we may be able to employ you at our Harris (Tarbert) or Barra (Castlebay) Offices.
- Hours are 35 per week (Mon to Fri) but we welcome part-time and flexible working.
- Some of your work may be home-based even after Covid-19.
- Contract is for 2 years with a strong hope for this to be extended.
- Pay is £23,302.00 (pro-rata) plus an Island Allowance of £2,200.00 (pro-rata) and we also contribute 6% of your salary to your Pension Scheme.
- Excellent training and support will be provided.
- Applicants must hold a full driving license and have access to a car as home visiting and travel may be applicable once Covid-19 restrictions ease.
If you are interested please contact Strategic manager, Steve Hankinson for more information and to request an application pack:
Telephone: 01851 706913 (please leave a message and I will return your call)
Closing date for applications is Midnight on Wednesday 21st October 2020.
Interviews will be held digitally week commencing Monday 26th October 2020 – please let us know if you are unable to partake digitally.
The Western Isles Citizens Advice Service is committed to equal opportunities both in service provision and employment.
Registered as a charity by the Inland Revenue. Scottish Charity No.: SCO15018
Western Isles Citizens Advice Service is a company limited by guarantee. No.: 270038
Registered Office: 41-43 Westview Terrace, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2HP