Macduff Shellfish is the largest wild shellfish processor in Europe. We are committed to producing quality products and offering high levels of customer service.
Due to continued company growth we have an immediate requirement for a versatile, self-motivated individual to work within our hygiene team at our new facility on Goat Island, Stornoway.
HYGIENE OPERATIVE – NIGHT SHIFT
Duties will include
- Contribute to overall efficiencies by ensuring consistent working to work instructions, carrying out daily scheduled cleaning tasks;
- Cleaning of processing equipment and production lines to meet required standard;
- Deep cleaning of production areas;
- Prepare and be responsible for cleaning equipment used to carry out hygiene duties;
- Perform agreed hygiene tasks as required / instructed by the Quality Manager;
- Be fully conversant with the operation and care of any mechanical equipment used in conjunction with other hygiene duties;
- Cleaning of Canteen and Toilets;
- Yard Maintenance.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to follow instruction;
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance;
- Be flexible and proactive;
- An understanding and appreciation of Safety, Hygiene and Quality;
- Careful eye for detail;
- Work positively with fellow team members.
Previous experience of a hygiene role in a processing facility would be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided.
Hours of work are approximately: 19:00 - 04:00 Hours
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact
Christopher Dempster, Quality Manager
Telephone: 01851 702338
A wholly owned subsidiary of