Maintenance Craftworker - Electrician
Band 4 Salary £25,914 - £28,187 per annum
Plus £3,754 annual Recruitment & Retention Premium
Plus Distant Islands Allowance of £1,201 per annum
Plus On Call Allowance £189 plus overtime ( on call rota is 1 week in 7)
27 days annual leave rising to 33 days plus 8 public holidays
2022 inflationary pay increase pending awaiting agreement
37.5 hours per week
The Maintenance Craftworker (Electrical) will be part of a multi-skilled team within the Estates Department. The role involves planned maintenance, testing, diagnosis and repair of electrical installations, electrical equipment and installing/altering building electrical systems. The role involves the participation in an out of hours emergency service covering Lewis & Harris through an on-call rota, currently 1 week in 7. On call allowance and overtime for the additional half day shifts (Sat & Sun Morning) during the on-call week is paid for the week you are on call, plus any call outs.
The successful candidate will need to achieve the Mandatory Induction Standards for Healthcare Support Workers and comply with the Code of Conduct within three months of full time employment or up to six months for part time workers. For further information see www.hcswtoolkit.nes.scot.nhs.uk.
Additional benefits of working for NHS Western Isles
- Enhanced rates of pay for evening and weekend working. Benefits include a standard working week of 37.5 hours, with pay enhancements to reward weekends, nights and overtime working. This ranges from time plus 88% to time plus 30% depending on your pay band and shifts you work.
- Generous annual leave entitlements. Between 35 and 41 days leave entitlement (inclusive of public holidays) depending on length of service
- Automatic enrolment in the NHS Pension Scheme
- A Carer Positive employer with access to paid special leave
- Generous occupational sick pay and maternity leave provisions. Policies that enhance your wellbeing and work-life balance including with promotion of flexible working and access to paid special leave.
The successful applicant wil be required to register with the PVG Scheme (Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme).
All NHS Western Isles vacancies appear on the NHS Scotland website: https://apply.jobs.scot.nhs.uk/ along with a job description. This post is not eligible for relocation expenses.
Any further queries please contact Tel: 01851 762027
Closing Date 28th March 2023
APPLY NOW Job Detail - NHS Scotland | Jobs | Search here for your perfect career
Misneachail mu chiorramaich