Marketing & Engagement Officer, 30 Hours per Week
An exciting opportunity to be part of the once-in-a-generation investment in island tourism and education at the most successful visitor centre and ancient monument site in the Outer Hebrides.
This is a key role to shape all experiences at the most popular visitor attraction in the Outer Hebrides, Calanais; which welcomes 150,000 visitors a year.
You will deliver a program of marketing activities and events across all channels; local, national and international, to support the existing visitor centre.
You will deliver a range of marketing and engagement activities to support the new Calanais Standing Stones and Visitor Centre opening in 2025.
A hybrid role working from home and the visitor centre, alongside a fabulous team supported by a vibrant local community and highly engaged board.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
You will help us deliver a unified and significantly enhanced visitor experience:
- Create and update content for our website at www.calanais.org
- Promote and develop our growing range of digital commerce activities; including online donations, online shop, wedding bookings and tour bookings.
- Manage our Social Media channels and email newsletters.
- Organise events in the visitor centre for visitors and the local community.
- Deliver initiatives that encourage our younger audience to participate in archaeology.
- Follow, implement and enforce our new brand guidelines across all channels.
- Keep the board informed of relevant innovations and marketing initiatives that could be of benefit for the visitor centre, trust and local community.
You will be a highly organised and motivated person with a can-do attitude and have:
- Familiarity with updating websites and social media channels.
- Excellent IT skills.
- A confident and assured style.
- An ability to work flexibly to suit the needs of the role.
We offer a competitive salary of up to £24k for a 30-hour week, a contributory pension scheme and free meals at work. A contribution to relocation expenses is available for the right candidate.
Initial 12-Month Fixed-Term with a view to extension.
Role to start as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Applications to be received no later than 9 February 2023.
Our Calanais 2025 project is rooted in the needs of the local community and will allow us to:
- Support businesses throughout the Outer Hebrides by promoting a range of locally crafted merchandise in the Gift Shop and sourcing local produce for the Visitor Centre Café.
- Support Outer Hebrides-based artists and performers.
- Transform community awareness, understanding and appreciation of, and engagement with the prehistory of the Outer Hebrides.
- Develop community engagement with the rich archaeological heritage of the area and the wider Outer Hebrides.
- Transform the Gaelic language offer of the visitor centre, and promote Gaelic language and culture.
- Transform the sustainability & performance of the Trust.