CalMac is urging Barra ferry passengers intending to travel on Tuesday 5th or Wednesday 6th February to change their plans and travel early, due to expected gales.

Current forecasts of high winds mean there is a strong possibility of disruption or cancellation of sailings on these days.

The timetable between Castlebay and Oban is already slightly disrupted due to the work taking place on the linkspan at Oban port, so the Monday morning ferry departs Castlebay at 7am. The return sailing from Oban is at 1.30pm.

Customers are being advised to travel tomorrow (Monday 4th February), if possible.