THE Counting Officer for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area, Malcolm Burr, is reminding voters what they need to know to have their say on polling day.
· Polling Stations will be open from 7am to 10pm.
· Details of the Polling Stations for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area can be found on the Election Office web page http://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/electionoffice/referendum/polling.asp
· When voting at the Polling Station it is helpful to take your Poll Card with you although you do not need it to vote.
· As there is expected to be a large turnout there may be queues in the polling station, particularly at peak times, so electors may wish to consider attending at quieter periods such as mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
· Polling Station staff will give you your Ballot Paper and answer any questions you have regarding the electoral process.
· If you applied for a Postal Vote it must be received by the Counting Officer by 10pm on Thursday 18 September 2014. If you have left it too late to post you can drop it off at any Polling Station in the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area or at the Council Offices, Sandwick Road, Stornoway.
· Vote by placing an X in the box beside your choice.