Comhairle nan Eilean Siar and Police Scotland have issued a reminder that holiday accommodation providers must stop operating during this emergency period.
The Comhairle have said that holiday accommodation includes hotels, hostels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartments, homes, cottages or bungalows, campsites, caravan parks or boarding houses.
Guidelines on cases where businesses can stay open and operate can be found below:
1. To provide accommodation for any person who:
• is unable to return to their main residence
• uses that accommodation as their main residence
• needs accommodation while moving house
• needs accommodation to attend a funeral
2. To provide accommodation or support services for the homeless
3. For any purpose requested by the Scottish Ministers or a local authority.
Members of the public are also advised that under the current movement restrictions they are not allowed to travel to visit second homes or holiday accommodation for isolation purposes or for a holiday. People must remain in their primary residence.