A warning has been issued to avoid Loch nan Geadh in Daliburgh due to the risk of Blue-Green Algal Bloom.
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar’s Consumer & Environmental Services issued the alert last night (Wednesday, June 7).
They said that water samples from the loch would be analysed to confirm the presence of the algal bloom.
“In the meantime, please be aware that swallowing the water or algal scum can cause stomach upsets or more serious health effects.
"Contact with the water or algal scum can cause skin problems. It is a sensible precaution for you, your children and your animals to avoid contact with the scum,” said a Comhairle spokesperson.
They have also posted a link to Bluecross advice on the danger to dogs.