A scheme to resurface the car parks in South Beach and Perceval Square, Stornoway along with the Tarbert car park is getting under way this month.
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar is warning that vehicles will have to be removed from the car parks.
CnES "would like to give advance notice of the following dates for closures and restrictions in parking availability of South Beach Carpark, Perceval Square Carpark and Tarbert Carpark to allow resurfacing works to be carried out."
The full details are:
- Full Closure Perceval Square Carpark - Wednesday 11 May 14:00 hrs – 23:00 hrs
- Full Closure South Beach Carpark - Thursday 12 May from 06:00 hrs to Friday 13 May at 20:00hrs
- Partial Daytime Closure South Beach Carpark – Monday 16 May - Friday 20 May 06:00hrs - 16:00 hrs
- Full Overnight Closure South Beach Carpark - Thursday 19 May & Friday 20 May from 16:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs
- Partial Daytime Closure South Beach Carpark - Saturday 21 May from 06:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs
- Partial Closure Tarbert Carpark – Friday 23 May 16:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs
"The public are requested ensure their vehicles are removed from these areas before the closure times to enable works to proceed."
In Stornoway, alternative parking will be available at No 1 pier and at other locations in the town centre.
Parking charges in Stornoway town centre will be suspended from Wednesday 11 May at 09:00 hrs until Monday 23 May at 09:00, to facilitate alternative parking during the works.
Closure dates may be subject to change at short notice due to weather conditions and any other unforeseen events.
These works are being delivered by Breedon Hebrides on behalf of CnES and are projects funded from the Scottish Government’s Islands Infrastructure Fund.