The latest update from NHS Western Isles Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson stated last night (Thursday January 13) that 19 new cases of Covid-19 had been found in the Western Isles.
This is a fall from 22 the day before.
They included 3 on South Uist, 2 on Harris and 14 on Lewis (9 contacts and 5 new).
NHSWI have 3 vaccination clinics today:
- Co-op, Macaulay Road, Stornoway: 10.30am - 5.30pm
- Ospadal Uibhist agus Bharraigh: 10.30am - 5.30pm
Lewis Sports Centre for Nicolson pupils: 9am - 1pm.
- 8,203 new cases of COVID-19 reported*. Please note that as of 13 January 2022, this figure includes cases identified using either a first LFD (lateral flow device) or PCR (polymerase chain reaction) positive test
- 26 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 1,560 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,395,793 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
- 4,057,606 have received their second dose
- 3,159,109 have received a third dose or booster
* Whilst improving, there continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs; this has impacted turnaround times resulting in delays between specimen’s beings taken and results being received and reported.
Public Health Scotland are continuing to monitor the situation.
Please read the Public Health Scotland blog post for more information about the changes to reporting on COVID cases.