NHS Western Isles Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson has thanked to all staff – in particular care home staff at Dun Eisdean – for working so hard in very challenging circumstances, to bring the current outbreak under control.
This came as the total number of care home outbreak cases reached 32, as there were 4 additional cases.
The latest update from Gordon Jamieson (Tuesday October 12) described 6 new cases: all on Lewis. Apart the Dun Eisdean cases, there was 1 new case and 1 contact of an existing case).
NHSWI have a flu/COVID booster (appointment only) clinic today in Borve Medical Practice. "Please remember to attend if you have an appointment," says Gordon Jamieson.
Meanwhile, nationally there's been a further fall in ICU cases, to half the recent peak, but there are signs of a new wave of positive cases.
Scottish Summary: 12 October 2021
- 1,908 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 19,394 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 10.5% of these were positive
- 27 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 935 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 51 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,265,755 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
- 3,866,372 have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination