The outbreaks of Covid-19 in Barra and at Dun Eisdean care home in Stornoway have grown again, latest reports indicate.
NHS Western Isles Chief Executive Gordon Jamieson said on Sunday September 26 said there had been 9 new cases detected that day in Barra, following 1 the day before.
Now there have been another 9 cases on Barra, and 2 cases added to the overnight total for Dun Eisdean.
The latest update from NHSWI said that in all there were 23 new cases.
These include 9 cases on Barra which appear to be linked; 1 on South Uist (a contact of an existing case); 1 new case and 2 contacts of existing cases on Benbecula; 2 new cases and 1 contact of an existing case on North Uist; and 7 cases on Lewis (3 linked to Dun Eisdean - bringing the outbreak total to 9, 2 linked to the cases on Barra & 2 contacts of existing cases).
"With this high number, we would remind everyone of the importance of continued vigilance, even after being vaccinated," said Mr Jamieson.
Scottish Summary: 28 September 2021
- 2,370 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 23,901 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 10.6% of these were positive
- 16 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 1,027 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 73 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,184,574 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
- 3,832,498 have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination