NHS Western Isles and Comhairle nan Eilean Siar have identified a number of cases of COVID-19 in the Dun Eisdean Care Home in Stornoway.
Test and Protect is underway.
The outbreak currently involves 7 individuals.
It's believed to be affecting 3 staff and 4 residents at present.
Residents’ families have been informed of the current situation and will be kept up to date on an ongoing basis.
Non-essential visiting at the care home has been suspended for a short period until further notice, due to the number of staff being required to self-isolate.
Teams from NHS Western Isles and Comhairle nan Eilean Siar are supporting the care home with their arrangements for infection prevention and control to help prevent spread of the infection.
A number of individuals have been identified as close contacts of positive cases and have been required to self-isolate to help prevent further spread of the virus.
If you have been required to self-isolate, please ensure you do not leave your home because you have or might have COVID-19, and couple potentially pass it on to others.
- Do not go to work, school, shops or any other public places
- Do not use public transport
- Do not go out to get food and medicine – order it online or ask someone to bring it to your home
- Do not have visitors in your home
- Do not go out to exercise
- Children must not attend nursery or school
- THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LEAVE YOUR HOME IS TO TAKE A COVID-19 TEST OR IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.