The NHS Western Isles laboratory was processing Covid-19 tests late into the night yesterday (Monday September 27).
The latest update from NHSWI Chief Exec Gordon Jamieson spoke about this on social media late yesterday evening.
He explained there had been 9 positive cases so far.
However, the lab was still processing tests - more than 160 yesterday.
Of the total, there were 7 on Lewis (all contacts of existing cases), 1 new case in Benbecula and 1 new case in South Uist.
Thanks tonight in particular to our lab & contact tracing staff.
NHSWI have a COVID vaccination drop-in clinic today in the Harris Hub (3.30pm - 8pm) open to anyone eligible first or second dose, including those aged 12-15.
- 2,069 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 23,553 new tests for COVID-19 reported results
- 9.5% of these were positive
- 1 new reported death of someone who had tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 1,023 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 76 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,181,617 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
- 3,829,881 have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination