The annual Linda Norgrove Foundation 10k run/walk on the Bhaltos Peninsula will be held on Saturday 2nd October starting on Reef machair, Bhaltos Peninsula at 12 noon.
For those of you who are joining us in Uig, we can reassure you that we will be undertaking risk assessments and ensuring that all the government guidance with regards to Covid-19 is complied with, say the organisers.
"We want to keep us all safe and we would ask you to adhere to the recommendations below."
If you are planning to run or walk elsewhere, please also follow Government guidelines. We would love to hear where you run or walk, or if you choose to cycle or climb a hill. Having you take part somewhere else in the country or anywhere in the world, adds another dimension to our event.
- Please register online in advance if possible. You can do this here: https://lindanorgrovefoundation.org/get-involved/events/
- Registration is £10, children under 16 free
- T-shirts are available at £12 each plus £4 p&p.
- If you are unable to register online, you will be able to do this on the day but please maintain social distancing and wear a mask to safeguard yourself and attendants
- Please provide your telephone number or email on the registration form
- Toilets at the campsite will be open
- Marshalls will direct you to a parking place
- Please do not gather at the start too early.
- When gathering before start, please keep in family groups and be aware of social distancing
- We will start on time to prevent people being in one place for too long
- Those of you who are running, going for a personal best or are just fast, go to the front, slower runners/walkers towards the back
- Marshalls will be at various points on the circuit
- Bottled water will be provided at half-way mark and at the finish
- Be aware of social distancing at the finish
- There will be a doctor in attendance
Sadly this year we’re not providing soup and baking in the Bhaltos Trust Office as we have in the past. It was always a sociable end to the event, meeting up and enjoying homemade soup and baking, or, for some, stopping and refueling half-way round but to comply with covid rules the event needs to be held entirely outside.
For this year’s t-shirts, we have a new colour and a lovely new design by Jo George.
All proceeds from the event will go towards helping women and children affected by the current situation in Afghanistan. The need in the country is growing rapidly and we are having to adapt to the changing circumstances under the new regime.
"We are continuing with our projects as much as we are able and supporting our sponsored students to carry on with their studies. And with the humanitarian crisis that has arisen, we are going to need every penny raised, and every penny goes to Afghanistan.
"We hope you will come over to Bhaltos on Saturday 2nd of October and join us in what is certainly one of the best 10k circuits around. Wherever you are around the globe, have a great run or walk and, if possible, send us a photo of your 10k.
Updates on LNF facebook page