Isle of Harris Gin has been awarded a Masters Award at The Global Spirits Masters and a Silver award at the International Wine and Spirits Competition.
Simon Erlanger, IOHD Managing Director, said “We are absolutely delighted to have secured a Masters Award at The Global Spirits Masters Awards, the highest accolade possible in the world’s most highly regarded series of spirits blind-tasting competition.
"Furthermore, we are equally as excited to have picked up a much-coveted Silver Award at the International Wine and Spirits Competition, the world’s largest and arguably most influential spirits awards.
"It is another wonderful testament to our local distillers and the team as a whole, and further confirmation that we are truly leading the way when it comes to Scottish spirit quality.
"After winning Gold at the World Gin Awards earlier this year, this makes a hat-trick of quality accolades for our gin in 2021.”
The award-winning gin is the distillery’s inaugural spirit, distilled in Tarbert in a small copper gin still, known as ‘The Dottach’.
Juniper, Coriander, Angelica Root, Orris Root, Cubebs, Bitter Orange Peel, Liquorice and Cassia Bark all play their role in defining the taste of the gin, but it is Sugar kelp that marks out this spirit. Sustainably harvested by a local diver from around the seas of the Outer Hebrides, the Sugar kelp creates subtle coastal notes.
The distillers discard, instead of recycling, the ‘heads’ and ‘tails’ of the spirit run, leaving only the best of the distillate’s ‘heart’ helping to create an exceptional smoothness.
Previous awards include:
- 2019 The Scottish Gin Society Awards – Consumer Choice, Gold
- 2019 The Scottish Gin Awards – Exporter of the Year
- 2019 The Scottish Gin Awards – Highly Commended
- 2018 The Scottish Gin Awards – Excellence in Branding
- 2018 The Scottish Gin Awards – Scottish Distillery of the Year
- 2018 Scotland Food & Drink Excellence Awards – Product of the Year
- 2018 Scotland Food & Drink Excellence Awards – Retail Product, Distilling
- 2018 Scottish Outdoor & Leisure Awards – Best Distiller/Brewery Tour
- 2017 Highlands & Islands Food & Drink Awards – Best Drink
- 2017 Highlands & Islands Food & Drink Awards – New Product
- 2017 The Gentleman’s Journal – Best Gin
- 2017 Scottish Civic Trust Chairman’s ‘My Place’ Award
- 2017 Scottish Field Gin Challenge – Silver
- 2016 International Spirits Challenge – Gold
- 2016 The Spirits Business Design Matters – Master