The following are the key updates for the reopening of sports facilities in the Western Isles:
- Gym facilities at Ionad Spòrs Leòdhais will reopen at 4pm on Wednesday 2nd September.
- The gym facilities at Castlebay and Lionacleit are scheduled to open next week and plans are still being finalised for the reopening of the Harris gym facilities. Further information on these facilities will be shared in due course.
- Contractors are currently undertaking essential maintenance work in the ISL pool area and once again, a further update will be shared in due course.
- To ensure that the facility can support the rapidly changing guidance for physical activity for school pupils, which has been prioritised by The Scottish Government, for the first three weeks of reopening, the ISL gym will be open from 4pm – 10pm weekdays and all dayon Saturday from 8.30am
- The capacity will be reduced to ensure social distancing and ventilation criteria are met.
- At ISL, 11 slots will be available for cardio training and 4 slots for strength training in each 40 minute session.
- One slot in each section will be retained for phone bookings for those without access to the internet. Phone bookings can be made from 12pm the previous day by calling by calling 01851 822800.
- Staff will be on hand to guide customers on how to access the building. More detailed information on these processes will be provided on our Facebook page and the CnES website.