During this time of crisis in our country, the effect of Covid-19 on our charities is having a devastating effect, says Megan Macdonald of Sandwick Bay Candles.
With the Bethesda shop on Bayhead, Stornoway, currently closed and the numerous fundraisers required to meet the costs of running the hospice also being cancelled, it is important to keep fundraising.
“I am asking for your help to raise funds for our local Bethesda Care Home and Hospice."
It started off with a hamper raffle for Bethesda. “I have a hamper valued at £100 which I am going to raffle. So let's raise as much as we can!” said Megan.
Support in amounts large and small is coming in through the event's JustGiving Page
“Bethesda is a vital service on our island home and one that we as a family have had first-hand experience. Having worked with Bethesda over the last few years I want to do as much as I can during this time of uncertainty,” she says
Then there started to be a growing list of businesses also getting involved and donating a prize!
The draw will take place on Wednesday April 29, 2020 at 8pm.
You can join the fundraising effort through - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sandwickbaycandles
On offer, apart from the £100 hamper from Sandwick Bay Candles itself, are:
- Salka Jewellery - £100 of sea glass jewellery www.salkajewellery.com
- The Crown Inn Hotel Stornoway - Takeaway pizza and sides for 4
- Body and Sole - skin care pack http://www.bodyandsolestornoway.co.uk
- Cards and gift wrap - craft kit www.cardsandgiftwrap.co.uk
- The Blue Lobster - voucher for 2 hot drinks, 2 bakes and a mini goodybag from their fabulous lifestyle shop
- Bronwen Roberts Hair - cut blowdry and Olaplex (Inverness) treatment www.facebook.com/bronwenrobertshairx
- Immerse Hebrides - £30 voucher www.immersehebrides.com
- Stramash Ness Hamper of goodies www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StramashNess
- Camerons Chip Shop - £20 voucher
- The Crafty Weaver - Harris Tweed items www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheCraftyWeaverStore
- Maybury Gardens - filled pot www.bespoke-blooms.co.uk
- Rosemarie's Pantry - cake and cookies www.rosemariespantry.co.uk
- Gill Thompson Harbour Print - pack of cards www.facebook.com/gillthompsonartistprintmaker
- Halo Bags - Mixed Family bag of goodies www.facebook.com/halobagsstornoway
- Tropic Skincare with Sharon - £30 voucher www.tropicskincare.com/sharonmacdonald
- Stag Bakeries - 3 delicious cakes www.stagbakeries.co.uk
- Hebrides Dance Studio - £25 voucher http://www.hebridesdance.co.uk
- BE Designed by K £20 voucher https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BEDesignedbyK
- Callanish Digital Design - print or chopping board https://www.callanishdigitaldesign.com
- Eleven Restaurant - £50 voucher https://www.caladhinn.co.uk/stornoway-restaurants-2
- Delights - £75 voucher http://www.delights-hebridean.com
- Pickleberry Studios - handcrafted goodies https://www.instagram.com/pickleberrystudios
- The Lash and Brow Room - £30 voucher https://www.instagram.com/the_lashandbrow_room
- Sugar Sweet Treats - treat box https://www.instagram.com/sugarsweettreatssty
- Fitness Studio Stornoway - £50 voucher https://www.instagram.com/fitnessstudiosy
- Co-op Macaulay Road - Fabulous Hamper
- Body Shop - Louise Morrison £50 of products
- Sea in Design - £30 voucher https://www.facebook.com/seaanddesign
- Eilean Siar Hampers - small gift box https://www.facebook.com/eileansiarhampers
Example - if you donate £10, Megan will put 5 tickets with your name in the raffle. ❤️