Around 80 people descended on the Isle of Scarp on Saturday as part of the Island Book Trust's annual schedule of island visits and boat trips.
The tiny parking area at Hushinish jetty and the access road to it were crowded with cars from the early morning as a succession of crossings by Seatrek RIB ferried people across in scheduled numbers.
Once on the Island, the visitors spread out to visit as much of the Island as possible before coming together around lunchtime to hear memories and histories of Scarp from Donald John Macinnes and Calum J Mackay, which took place in front of the remains of the house where Donald John was born.
Calum reminded people that at the height of its 19th century population in 1881 there were 315 people living in the island, a population level that proved impossible to sustain and families had to be moved off the Island to villages along the coast towards Tarbert.
Donald recalled that every inch of land was planted around the village with a great variety of crops and there was such a shortage of land that when youngsters walked to school, they were not allowed to walk across the cultivated area but had to go round by the beach.
Crofters with sheep on the island, were also on Scarp on Saturday, gathering their flocks for transport over to the main island and the autumn sales.