Community Engagement Officer
The Embark Project
Volunteering Hebrides is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Community Engagement Officer to deliver an outreach programme for the Embark Community Cycling Project.
We are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic, enthusiastic and encouraging individual who enjoys working with people, has a keen eye for detail and is able to plan and prioritise effectively within a busy environment.
The post-holder will be responsible for the co-ordination, promotion and delivery of a wide range of activities in local communities, which will include:
- Free bike taster sessions – ebikes, etrikes and mountain bikes
- Promoting cycling and walking as forms of everyday travel
- Cycling to work schemes
- Island-wide active travel challenges – cycling and walking
- Community Treasure Hunts – cycling and walking
- Promoting the hire of the Embark Project Fleet
Salary £22,000 to £24,000, hours flexible, 35 per week For an application pack, please contact:
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews Monday 9th March 2020
This is a 1 year fixed term contract (with possible extension dependent on funding)
This post has been secured by an award from Paths for All, Smarter Choices, Smarter Places Fund