BREEDON GROUP PLC is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants and around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, 9 concrete and clay products plants, 4 contract surfacing businesses, 6 import/export terminals and 2 slate production facilities.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, positive and confident Apprentice Fitter based at Hebrides Quarries in the Hebrides Region.
During the apprenticeship programme, you will undertake appropriate theoretical and practical training to develop the knowledge, skills and experience required, to achieve the appropriate SVQ qualification.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
- Assist facilitation and coordination of the repair and maintenance of Quarrying plant and machinery i.e. carrying out any repairs/maintenance for crushers, screening, conveyor systems and some hydraulic equipment
- Help to assist quarry management in the programming of scheduled maintenance aligned to production requirements
- Help eliminate preventable plant breakdowns by ensuring critical equipment and supply of spares is ordered timeously and is cost effective
- Be flexible by carrying out emergency repairs on equipment when they arise
- Help when undertaking risk assessment and associated paperwork, of the relevant activities to ensure a suitable and effective safe system of work
You will be a self-starter who responds appropriately on their own to improve outcomes and process’s and assumes responsibility for their own performance by demonstrating drive and initiative. You will have excellent interpersonal, strong team ethics and strong goal orientation skills with a flexible attitude and be open to change.
You will be logically minded and possess excellent organisational skills and be confident dealing directly with internal and external customers on both a formal and informal level. You will be a self-starter and will also have excellent numerical skills and the ability to work under pressure with a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be expected to develop the ability to manage competing deadlines by estimating time frames and monitoring own progress and the ability to anticipate problems and consider a solution.
The Modern Apprentice Scheme funding for training is available for candidates aged 16 to 19. Please ensure, if you are applying for this post, that you are between the ages of 16 to 19. You will be asked to bring proof of age with you if you are invited to an interview.
You must be able to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.