A career that's life-changing
Salary - £16,800 plus Distant Islands Allowance.
Permanent Full Time - 35 hours per week.
Please note the interview date for this role will be on Tuesday 3rd of December.
Action for Children does what is right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 390,000 children, young people and families.
Action for Children Eilean Siar works with children and families to improve life chances and is a vital part of our work. This is a diverse role based in Bayhead although you will be required to provide weekly admin support to the residential service.
You will be part of the Business Support team and will carry out a wide range of tasks across all of the services.
How you'll make a difference:
By providing a flexible and professional administrative support service.
By working collaboratively with staff in our services and other departments.
By becoming an integral part of our business support team.
By helping us to do what's right for our children, young people and their families.
What you'll need:
- SVQ level 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years' office experience.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Share Point an advantage.
- Ability to produce accurate work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive data.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- To be committed to Action for Children's defining statement, “keeping the child at the centre,” and promoting our participation standards in your work.
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website:
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.