Childcare Worker - Pairc Playgroup
JOB VACANCY – PAIRC PLAYGROUP
Job Title: Qualified/Unqualified Childcare Worker
Location: Pairc Playgroup, Kershader Resource Centre, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis HS2 9QB
Responsible to: Manager, Committee
Closing Date: Monday 28th October 2019
Rate of pay: £9.07-£10.50
Hours per week: 30 - Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 12-5.30pm, Wednesday 12-4.30pm, and Friday 7.45am-4.30pm
Contract: 12-18 months
Driving license essential, minimum two years driving experience.
For more information call 01851 880451
Pairc Playgroup is looking for a cheerful and enthusiastic childcare worker to join the highly skilled team. Our centre provides early years education, breakfast/after-school club. We are a registered charity, have 3 members of staff, 2 relief and a board of trustees.
- With support plan a curriculum, which supports and guides children’s all-round learning and development.
- With support plan and organise the play session taking into account the needs of every child.
- With support from the manager and/or other play staff organise daily, weekly and monthly play schedule taking into account each child’s developmental stages.
- With support from the manager ensure team plan supports and guides children’s all-round learning and development.
- With training undertaking observations and keep accurate records of children and play activities.
- With support make assessments to ensure children’s learning and development needs are met.
- In conjunction with the manager ensure team reviews and evaluations capture all aspects of planning.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers concerning their child: encourage them to become involved in suggesting play activities, give feedback on their child’s progress, and seek information from them on their child. With guidance provide a safe and stimulating environment ensuring adequate precautions are taken to safeguard children and minimise risks. Set up and clear away equipment.
- Assist in the maintaining and updating of attendance register and records of children’s personal details.
- Work within nursery policies and procedures.
- Assist in the safe collection of children at the end of the day/session by an authorised adult
- In conjunction with the manager, ensure provision is available for children with Additional Support Needs.
If unqualified you will work towards an apprentice SVQ Level 3 in Social Services, Children and Young People, to ensure Practitioner registration with the Scottish Social Service Council and undertake Continuous Professional Development.