Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 per annum
(Dependent on Qualifications & Experience)
Lewis Builders Ltd are a construction company servicing the whole of the Western Isles. We cover all aspects of Construction from design to completion, including Building, Plumbing, Electrical and Renewables. We have a strong local workforce of 60 Employees and are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of price estimation in the construction industry and being educated to a degree level is desirable. You will be experienced in dealing with clients, managing projects and budgets.
Lewis Builders LTD are living wage accredited employers.
- Price and analyse costings for bills of quantities/estimates/budgets.
- Price/forecast the cost of different resources needed for projects.
- Complete tender documents, contracts and other documentation.
- Procure or agree the services of subcontractors.
- Measure and value the work done on site for applications for payments.
- Value completed work and arrange payment to subcontractors.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- Record and monitor variations to the contract, and ascertain the costs involved.
- Resolve any contractual disputes.
- Work alongside the division managers to secure contracts.
Being educated to a degree level is desirable however, a minimum level of HND is a necessity. We require that any candidate has past experience working in a similar role within the building/civil construction industry, and has knowledge and experience working with construction contracts including JCT and in particular NEC3/4. The knowledge base and skill set are equally important. Therefore, we encourage applications from candidates who have relevant time- served experience in a similar post.
We are looking for candidates to have:
- A practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Numeracy and financial management skills and a good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
- Able to work well in a close team.
- A Full UK Drivers Licence.
Alternatively visit us in person at Rigs Road, Stornoway, HS1 2RF.