The ideal opportunity has arisen for a Commis Chef to work variable hours all year round in An Lanntair.
An Lanntair Arts Centre is home to up to 12 local and international exhibitions in its galleries every year. The auditorium hosts fantastic events and live performances in addition to an enjoyable cinema experience. An Lanntair’s café bar is closely aligned to its artistic programming and our objective is for a very distinctive offer resonating with the Outer Hebrides, one which is contemporary and reflects current thinking – both artistically and, in this case, culinary. Where possible local produce will be showcased, and the seasonal needs of diners catered to.
The successful applicant must have experience as a Chef. Further training will also be given. The applicant must find solutions and work harmoniously with colleagues and constantly aim to heighten the experience of our visitors, exceeding the expectations of all.
This is the perfect opportunity to work in a lively but relaxed atmosphere. We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a good work life balance and an opportunity to learn new skills and work with regional produce.
Objectives and purpose of role: To provide the highest standards of kitchen service and food preparation in support of An Lanntair’s food and hospitality operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals as directed by the Head Chef.
- To assist the Head Chef and other colleagues to develop dishes and menus.
- To ensure you and the team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- To monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- To be punctual for work.
- To be flexible in your work and assist colleagues as required.
- To ensure the workplace is maintained to a clean, hygienic and tidy state at all times.
- To wear full and correct uniform at all times.
- To remove any hazards and report any defects to the Head Chef or Café Bar Manager.
- To understand and adhere to Health and Safety Policy.
What's in it for you?
- A chance to help develop and grow An Lanntair’s Café Bar as a business all year round.
- A chance to develop your skills working with fresh local produce.
- Working with a close knit team in a relaxed atmosphere.
- The opportunity to express your creative side .
- Working on an Island renowned for its beaches and rugged landscape away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
If this describes you and your aspirations, we want to hear from you as soon as possible.
How to apply
The job description for this role is attached. Applicants are invited to review these carefully and submit a detailed letter of application, setting out the ways in which they would meet the requirements of this post, and their Curriculum Vitae, by post or email to:
Kenny MacKay Head Chef
An Lanntair, Kenneth Street, Stornoway, HS1 2DS