Polling stations across the Western Isles have been open since 7am today.
The polling stations will close at 10pm, but the count doesn't begin until around 9am tomorrow morning.
We will, of course, be present at Lewis Sports Centre to give you all the very latest updates, and we'll let you know who your councillors are as soon as the final figures are announced.
A total of 60 island residents have thrown their hats into the ring as they stand to secure one of 31 councillor positions.
Malcolm Burr, Returning Officer for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar Local Government Election on 4 May 2017 is reminding voters what they need to know to have their say on Polling Day:
· Polling Stations will be open from 7.00am to 10.00pm
· Details of the Polling Stations for Comhairle nan Eilean Siar can be found on the Election Office Webpage.
· When voting at the Polling Station it is helpful to take your Poll Card with you although you do not require it to vote.
· Electors may wish to consider avoiding peak times and attend Polling Stations at quiet periods such as mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
· Polling Station staff will give you your Ballot Paper and answer any questions you have regarding the voting process.
· For this election you must vote using numbers. You will need to number the candidates in order of preference using 1, 2, 3 and so on – you can make as many or as few choices as you wish.
· If you applied for a Postal Vote, you must return it by 10.00pm on Thursday 4 May 2017. If you have left it too late to post, you can drop it in at any Polling Station in the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area or at the Election Office, Council Offices, Sandwick Road, Stornoway.