There was a huge turn-out at Stornoway Airport on Saturday evening for the Smiths Garage of Contin sponsored drag race.
There was a delayed start because of a crisis with the "Christmas Tree" - the sophisticated array of lights which signals the start of each run.
But overall organisers Lewis Car Club were happy with the outcome, saying on Facebook:
"What a night it was! The sun was shining, the midges stayed away and there was an excellent display of racing.
"Despite the initial electrical gremilns and it being our first time running bikes, all ran smoothly and safely.
"We have a list as long as the drag strip of people to thank.
"Our biggest thanks goes out to the riders and drivers for entertaining us all and the spectators for coming out to watch.
"Remember it's all for a good cause too. So here it goes with the rest of the thanks.
Thanks go to:
- HIAL for their cooperation and the use of the strip.
- The emergency services for giving of their time to assit in the safe running of the event.
- Kevin Carmichael and his crew for putting on an excellent display of stunts.
- Northern Fords and all those who travelled to take part
- Autoparts Stornoway + Karen for sorting out all the Northern Fords documentation and doing an excellent job on the Saturday night of logging all the times etc
- All Lewis Car Club members who gave their time to help organise and run the event.before during and after
- Porkies for supplying the food on the night
- Macmillan Cancer Support for helping on the gate.
- Scotlock, Woody's Express Parcels, Hebridean Plant Hire, Ian's home and garden services
- All those who supplied equipment for the night.
I'm sure we've missed some people but all input was much appreciated. See you all again next time!
(Apologies from welovestornoway.com for the delay in getting this post on line - we had a series of technical issues)