CalMac representatives will be on the road through the Western Isles this month, starting from Castlebay, promoting the availability of their new fund to support children and young people, which was launched on Tuesday (January 29th).
The CalMac Community Fund will support community-led activity with funds for projects for children and young people. Throughout 2019, grants of £500 up to £2,000 will be awarded, with around six grants expected to be awarded in each area.
The money is meant to fund projects that involve and benefit children and young people aged 26 years and under, in the islands and mainland port towns where CalMac operate.
Information sessions have been organised to start in Barra on February 11th, with the following timetable:
- The Learning Centre, Barra: Monday 11 February, 1-2pm
- Southend Community Hall, South Uist: Monday 11 February, 5-6pm
- UCVO Boardroom, Benbecula: Tuesday 12 February, 1-2pm
- Lochmaddy Hall, North Uist: Tuesday 12 February, 5.30-6.30pm
- Harris Hotel, Tarbert: Wednesday 13 February 6-7pm
- Third Sector Hebrides, Stornoway: Thursday 14 February 1-2pm and 5-6pm.
There’s more detail on the grant fund and the types of activity that will be eligible on the web-page, https://www.calmac.co.uk/community-fund