The build-up to the next Lewis and Harris 40th Reunion is well under way for former pupils of The Nicolson Institute, the Lews Castle School and Sir E. Scott School.
- born in 1976 or 1977?
- in the Fourth Year leavers class of 1992?
- in the Fifth Year leavers class of 1993?
- in the Sixth Year leavers class of 1994?
If so, then 2016 is your Reunion year.
"We hope that our website will provide everyone with all the information they need in the build-up to the event and keep you informed of how the organisation is progressing." say the organisers.
The basics are as follows;
* The main evening with dinner, live band and school photographs will be Friday 1st April 2016 at The Cabarfeidh Hotel. Classmates are asked to gather for 4.30pm with photographs from 5pm and dinner at 7pm.
* There will be an old-fashioned school sports day for families at Ionad Spòrs Leòdhais on Saturday 2nd April from 1.30-3.30pm. The evening entertainment will be in Stornoway Golf Club from 7pm where we will have a short 90's quiz, hog roast buffet and disco. Partners are very welcome.
*Registration is now OPEN - links for this can be found on our Facebook page and on our website www.the2016reunion.com. Everyone is encouraged to visit the website to contribute to the Jukebox (songs that will be played at the reunion), to leave messages, add old photos and to check regular updates on minutes of meetings etc.
* Flybe have now opened flight booking for March and April 2016 - anyone travelling from the mainland or further afield may like to look at booking now.
* Two charities were drawn from a bag of nominations and are CLIC Sargent - who work with and support children with cancer and their families; SAMH - The Scottish Association for Mental Health is a charity that provides help, information and support to individuals and families who have faced mental health challenges. As well as raising money for the two charities above, we will be asking attendees at the Saturday evening event to bring along a food donation to the Western Isles Food Bank.
Organisers have started collecting prizes for the raffle which will be drawn on Friday 1st April and would be very grateful for any contributions to raise money for our chosen charities.
Raffle prize donations can be handed in to any member of the committee or dropped into The Home Improvement Centre.