A race between five rowing skiffs will be taking place tomorrow (Tuesday 17th July) in Stornoway Harbour starting at 5.30pm.
The race will set off from Cuddy Point heading up to the Starboard (green) buoy, spectators are encouraged to come down to watch and cheer the rowers along from either Cuddy Point or Esplanade Pier. There will also be a barbecue and refreshments at Cuddy Point.
The race is part of the 2018 Sail Stornoway Hebridean Maritime festival, listed below are further events planned for this week:
Mon July 16 to Thurs 19 July - All events weather-dependent!!
- Monday 16th July - Dinghy training with emphasis on Juniors (RYA Senior Instructor)
Operating from Cuddy Point slip.
- Tue 17th July - Skiff and Sgoth (small boats) sailing in the harbour followed by a skiff race to take place late afternoon.
- Wed 18th July - Sgoth, Skiff and yachts – Bring your own Picnic/BBQ in the Tob with invitation extended to the yachts which regularly sail on a Wednesday evening.
- Friday 20th July - Sgoth sailing (PM), with particular invitation to the youngsters who took part in the Dinghy tuition to offer them a potential next-step in their sailing experience. (Under 16s would need to be accompanied by a suitable adult)
- Saturday 21st July - Local and visiting yachts invited to sail in company around a course set to the weather conditions. Anticipated route will be leaving from harbour, around Chicken Rock, crossing to Loch Erisort (Dubh Sgeir) and returning to harbour.
For more information Sail Stornoway Facebook page